- Experiment kit designed to teach students about periodic reactivity and solubility
- Students will test the periodicity of the elements by mixing chemicals to form precipitates and colorful solutions
- Kit demonstrates many patterns visualized on a periodic table of the elements
- Perfect experiment for high school chemistry classes
- Safety data sheets included to inform safe storage and maintenance of chemicals
Details: The activities in this kit focus on developing a better understanding of why periodic trends occur in the elements. Students will perform two sets of experiments, one focusing on the alkaline earth metals, and the other focusing on halogen groups. In the first set of experiments, students search for patterns as they look at the reactivity of the alkaline earth metals. The second set of experiments form small amounts of solubilized halogen gases as a colorful way of measuring reactivity within the halogen group. Kit contains enough materials for 8 groups. Safety data sheets, teacher's manual, and student study guide copy masters are included.
What's in the box?
- 8 bottles 0.25M ammonium oxalate, 10mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M barium nitrate, 10mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M calcium nitrate, 10mL
- 8 bottles chlorine water, 3.5mL
- 8 bottles iodine water, 3.5mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M magnesium nitrate, 10mL
- 8 bottles mineral oil, 15mL
- 1 bottle potassium bromate, 0.5g
- 1 bottle potassium bromide, 1.72g
- 8 bottles 1.0M potassium bromide, 3mL
- 8 bottles 0.2M potassium iodate, 10mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M sodium carbonate, 10mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M potassium chloride, 3mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M potassium iodide, 3mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M strontium nitrate, 10mL
- 2 bottles 0.5M sulfuric acid, 20mL
- 8 bottles 1.0M sulfuric acid, 10mL
- 120 graduated plastic pipettes
- 8 vials
- 8 vial labels
- Teacher's manual, student study guide copy masters, and safety data sheets
For Laboratory Use Only. Not for drug, food or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.
Brand: Innovating Science
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.